Woman, child die in fire inside operation theatre in SGPGIMS

Published on:

Lucknow, Dec 18 (IANS) A woman patient died during an operation in the OT of the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS) here when a fire broke out on Monday.

A child undergoing a heart surgery also died in the same incident.

According to an official release, the fire was caused by a spark in the monitor which spread to the work station. The fire system and the hydrant system were used to extinguish the flames and other patients were shifted to the post operative ICUs.

UP Deputy Chief Minister Brajesh Pathak who holds the health portfolio has ordered a probe into the incident. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has also directed officials to ensure proper treatment of the patients affected in the incident.

Disclaimer: Medical Science is an ever evolving field. We strive to keep this page updated. In case you notice any discrepancy in the content, please inform us at [email protected]. You can futher read our Correction Policy here. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on or accessed through this website or it's social media channels. Read our Full Disclaimer Here for further information.

Disclaimer
Except for the headline and photo, this story has not been edited by THIP Media staff and is published from a syndicated feed / newswire service.

READ MORE