Fire breaks out at Odisha medical college, no casualty reported

Published on:

Bhubaneswar, Aug 26 (IANS) A fire broke out in the Maharaja Krishna Chandra Gajapati (MKCG) Medical College and Hospital in Odisha’s Berhampur on Friday, but no injuries were reported in the incident, officials said.

The fire broke out inside one of the operation theatres in the plastic surgery ward on the fourth floor of the super super-specialty block of the hospital this afternoon, said fire service officer, Pradeep Patnaik.

All patients and staff were rescued safely from the premises immediately as the building was filled with smoke, he said.

Fire service personnel doused the flame within a short span of time. It is suspected that the fire erupted due to a short circuit, said Patnaik, adding that no casualty was reported.

A doctor, who was there inside the OT at that time, said that they rescued one patient, who was undergoing surgery, as the fire broke out.

–IANS

bbm/vd

Disclaimer: Medical Science is an ever evolving field. We strive to keep this page updated. In case you notice any discrepancy in the content, please inform us at [email protected]. You can futher read our Correction Policy here. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on or accessed through this website or it's social media channels. Read our Full Disclaimer Here for further information.

Disclaimer
Except for the headline and photo, this story has not been edited by THIP Media staff and is published from a syndicated feed / newswire service.

150,812FansLike
1,130FollowersFollow
250SubscribersSubscribe

READ MORE