Several social media posts claimed that the Scottish pop singer Darius Campbell Danesh died after getting vaccinated. We fact-checked and found the claim is False. The available evidence shows the singer died of inhalation of chloroethane.
Did the Scottish pop singer Darius Campbell Danesh die of a vaccine?
It does not seem so. We could not find any reference to confirm the vaccine caused the death. On the contrary, available evidence shows that the Scottish pop singer died of inhalation of chloroethane. Articles published on different media websites show Darius’s family has referred to the reports of medical examinations to confirm the reason for death was inhalation of chloroethane. These articles show Darius was prescribed chloroethane because he had chronic pain following a car accident in 2010 that left him with a broken neck. We found a few articles published in 2010 that show Darius was prescribed chloroethane after his accident.
Is chloroethane toxic enough to kill a human?
It seems so. Chloroethane’s toxicological profile by U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention informs humans can die after breathing chloroethane if the concentration is high enough to induce anaesthesia.
Chloroethane, also called ethyl chloride, is used as topical anaesthesia during medical treatments. Also, the chemical is common among frequent users for recreational purposes, which often induces confusion, dizziness and incoordination.
Disclaimer: Medical Science is an ever evolving field. We strive to keep this page updated. In case you notice any discrepancy in the content, please inform us at [email protected]. You can futher read our Correction Policy here. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on or accessed through this website or it's social media channels. Read our Full Disclaimer Here for further information.